CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday 22 April 2009

Solo Ride

With everyone away or at work I had a nice solo ride to Wales on Sunday. The sun was on high and the temperature was on medium with little or no wind. These are the best cycling conditions we have had in quite some time. I had spent a great deal of energy the day before digging in the allotment, so my legs were already tender. I had initially planned on doing a metric century but the condition of my legs suggested otherwise. Also, it took me two huge mugs of coffee just to get motivated for a mid day set off.
 
I took my time on the warm-up to Malpas and stopped for a gander. The roads were unusually quiet considering it was such a lovely day. My next leg took me on a slight downhill grade to Bangor on Dee (see pic). The thru road in Bangor was closed so I had a virtually traffic free ride all the way. I took quite a long break in Bangor, sitting by the bridge and soaking up the rays. There were a few other cyclists doing the same as me.
 
After my extended break I headed further into Wales. I made it as far as Johnstown when I realised if I went any further I would not be home until well after 5 p.m. I made the decision to turn around and head back. About 15 km from home I felt my second wind and could have gone another 20 km but time was not on my side. I rolled into Nantwich with 84 km on the clock. Today I feel very sore, most likely a combination of digging and cycling. I'll have to take it easy the next few days, even though I still have to cycle to work each day.
 
Chuck

0 comments: