CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday 10 July 2008

Sending off party

I have to give a huge thanks to my lovely wife Maile for arranging a sending off party. The party was held at the Vine Inn in Nantwich (shameless plug www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/19/19837/Vine_Inn/Nantwich). Not only did we have a few laughs and pints, we managed to raise even more money for Cancer Research. We are very near our goal of £1000 and it looks like we should exceed that target as two big company sponsors are yet to put in some money. After sinking a few jars of real ale and a few pork pies we are now ready to burn off those calories on the bikes, only 2 days left! I have to say, it was a beautiful cake, but alas, it had to be eaten! Yum!
 
I went for a short ride before the party to test out some new gear. It was windswept, raining hard and very dark. Not a pleasant ride, especially since my bike seemed to get attacked by a brigade of gremlins. So many new noises and squeaks, or was it my imagination. They all seemed to go by the time I limped back home, so fingers crossed that my wheels will last the distance.
 
Chuck
 
p.s. Thanks Maile!
 

1 comments:

Colin said...

Hi,

It's Colin again, I just left a comment on your earlier post and - now I found this post - I've answered most of my own questions... I'd still be interested to know if you're using a recognised route?

Anyway, good luck for tomorrow.

Colin.